In some instances, special visual needs (such as presbyopia or keratoconus) demand specialty contact lenses. Our doctors are proficient in specialty contact lens fittings for complicated eyes and receive referrals from outside offices for their expertise & experience. Below is a sampling of the custom lens services that are available.
Please note that contact lens exams are separate from routine eye exams. This is especially true for specialty fits as each lens is customized to your eye. Your contact lens fitting fee will include all necessary contact lens follow-ups within the first 3 months to finalize and perfect your prescription.
- Keratoconus: custom specialty RGP (rigid gas permeable) contact fitting, piggyback, scleral lenses, and ClearKone® and UltraHealth™ hybrid lenses
- Scleral Lenses for patients with keratoconus, irregular astigmatism post LASIK, Sjogren’s Syndrome, post surgical fitting: We offer a few brands such as the Maxim lenses, BostonSight and Jupiter that may provide clear, comfortable vision for hard-to-fit corneas.
- Bifocal & Multifocal Contact Lens fitting: both soft contacts and gas permeable contacts, astigmatic multifocals, Duette™ Multifocal hybrid lenses
- Astigmatism Contact Lens fitting: both soft and rigid gas permeable contacts, Duette™ HD hybrid lenses.
- We also offer Kerasoft IC soft lenses for irregular corneas
If you have any questions for our doctors regarding hybrid or scleral lenses, please visit: Questions for Silicon Valley Eyecare Doctors